Sunday 28 November 2010

School magazine project: Research: Questionnaire results evaluation.

 After candidates completed my questionnaire I made an evaluation of my results.

For the questionnaire, I asked 10 males and 10 females as the magazine is school-based and therefore must have the viewpoint of both genders of the student population. As the magazine is also aimed at secondary school students only, I asked for the preferences of students aged 11-18 as they are the target audience. Income wise, students aged 11-15 had an average income of 15-20 pounds per week whereas the majority of students aged 16-18 where either on EMA (average of 20 pounds per week) or where on a part-time job earning an average of 5 pounds per hour. However despite the majority of students having an income, the results from the questionnaire suggested the target audience wouldn’t consider spending money on a small magazine such as that of a school as compared to a magazine from a large publishing organization. When asking what interests and hobbies people had, I received a large variation of hobbies and interests apart form a trend in which virtually every participant stated that they had an interest in music and current affairs (especially with 6th form students). As it would be very difficult to create a magazine featuring every hobby and interest of my target audience, I decided to focus more on the elements of music and current affairs which the results show are popular among the participants representing my target audience. The majority of participants also stated that their school already has a “school magazine” however most stated that they could improve by mentioning future events within the school as well as including a section with significant and interesting news from the past month. Because of this, I will incorporate these improvements into my magazine to fit their preferences. Finally when asked how regularly a school magazine should be released, a majority of the participants stated that a monthly release would satisfy them, giving them a reasonable amount of time to read the magazine until the next issue was to be released.             

No comments:

Post a Comment